COMING 1st APRIL, 2022
Rural Cyprus, 1925. Despo is recently married, heavily pregnant and deeply afraid. The twelve days of Christmas are beginning – the time when, according to local folklore, creatures known as kalikantzari come up from Hell to wreak havoc. Meanwhile, her husband Loukas has troubles of his own. Struggling with dreams and desires he doesn’t understand, he finds himself irresistibly drawn to an Englishman, a newcomer to the island.
In a village wreathed in superstition, Despo and Loukas must protect themselves and their unborn child from ominous forces at play.
A GOOD YEAR is my first novella, and part of the beautiful Fairlight Moderns range.
Published by Fairlight Books.
E-book pre-orders available soon.
Orestis is a young man who refuses to accept his lot in life. He wants a better job, a toned body, his own place, a brighter future. On a night out, he bumps into an old school friend who lands him an interview at her father's 5-star hotel. Orestis feels he is finally on the path to success. That is, until he becomes acquainted with a high-end gigolo who draws him onto a different path - one that takes him to a wealthy Belarusian trophy wife named Darya. Before long, Orestis' destiny drifts even further out of his control.
Set in Cyprus, THE WAY IT BREAKS is a modern tale about fate and free will; love and boundaries; and the value of a human being.
Published by Cloud Lodge Books.
Buy it at:
E-book available on Kindle.
Audiobook available on Audible.
- MAINSTREAM. Anthology edited by Justin David and Nathan Evans (Inkandescent). Available from all book retailers.
- Untitled: Voices, Vol. 2. Download for free here.
- Tales From The Shadow Booth, vol. 4. Purchase here.
- Litro #135: Somewhere Between the Borders. Read here.
Devil in Me
- Liars' League NYC, Hope & Pray. Download / read here.
- Shortlisted for HISSAC
The Selkie Wife
- Longlisted for the Fish Prize (as The Seal Wife)
Blue Glass Star
- Honorable Mention for Glimmer Train's Family Matters competition.
- Published in The Stockholm Review of Literature. Read here.
2020: Longlisted for Penguin's WriteNow programme.
2014: shortlisted for the IdeasTap Inspires – Writers’ Centre Norwich competition.
2008: won feedback from The Literary Consultancy as part of the Arts Council's Free Read Scheme.